The membership of FOBTOB is presently spread among fifty two (52) branches throughout the Federation. The Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP), the management of the economy by successive Military regimes and the attendant privatisation policy was responsible for the retrenchment of a large number of FOBTOB members and the total closure of some companies within the Food, Beverage and Tobacco Industry. The trade liberalisation policy of successive governments has resulted in the dumping of products in the country, which impacts negatively on capacity utilisation in the industry and our membership strength.
While the Association is increasing its organising efforts and striving hard to improve and maintain the working conditions of its rank and file, FOBTOB is equally committed to the pursuit and development of a trade union culture peculiar to it, but which draws inspiration from the universal concept of trade unionism. Although some companies were shut down while there were mergers among companies within the industry, the union can still boast of more than seven thousand (7,000) members.
Below are the current Branches of the Association:
1 Adama Beverage Limited, Yola, Adamawa State
2 Africa Continental GB Foods Manufacturing, Nigeria Limited (Group).
3 Ajinomoto Foods Company Limited, Apapa, Lagos.
4 British American Tobacco (Nigeria) Limited Branch, Ibadan, Oyo State.
5 Bobo Foods and Beverages Limited, Iju road, Ifako, Agege, Lagos State.
6 Cadbury Nigeria Plc, Ikeja, Lagos State.
7 Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
8 Cocoa Product (Ile-Oluji) Limited, Ondo, Ondo State
9 Crown Flour Mills Limited, Warri, Delta State.
10 Chi Limited, Isolo, Lagos State
11 CWAY Foods and Beverages Group
12 CWAY Nigerian Drinking Water Science And Technology Company Limited, Benin, Edo State.
13 Cway Integrated Abuja Limited FCT Abuja
14 Cway water Benin Edo State
15 Dufil Prima Foods Plc, Kaduna, Port Harcourt and Ota.
16 Euro Global Foods and Distilleries Limited, Ota, Ogun State
17 Fan Milk Plc, Ibadan, Oyo State
18 Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc, Apapa, Lagos State
19 FrieslandCampina (WAMCO) Nigeria Plc, Ogba, Lagos State.
20 Guinness Nigeria Plc, Ikeja, Lagos State
21 Honeywell Flour Mills Plc, Apapa, Lagos.
22 International Breweries Plc Group (AB-In-Bev), Ilesa, Onisha and Port Harcourt
23 Intercontinental Distillers Limited, Ota, Ogun State.
24 International Tobacco Company Limited, Ilorin, Kwara State
25 Life Flour Mills Limited, Sapele, Delta State
26. Mermuda Foods Nigeria Limited Kano States.
27. Nestle Nigeria Plc, Ilupeju, Lagos State
28. Niger Biscuits Company Limited, Apapa, Lagos State.
29. Niger Mills and Company Limited, Calabar, Cross River State.
30. Nigerbev Nigeria Limited, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos
31 Nigerian Distilleries Limited, Ota, Ogun State.
32. Nigerian Bottling Company Limited, Iddo, Lagos State.
33. Nigerian Breweries Plc, Iganmu, Lagos State.
34. Nigerian Eagle Flour Mills Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State.
35. Northern Nigeria Flour Mills Plc, Kano, Kano State.
36. OK Foods Limited, Ilasamaja, Lagos State.
37. Oriental Food Industry Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State
38. Olam Flour Mills
39. Olam Sanyo Foods Limited, Apapa, Lagos
40. Perfetti Van Melle Nigeria Limited, Agbara, Ogun State
41. Pharma Deko Plc, Agbara, Ogun State
42. Promasidor Nigeria Limited, Isolo, Lagos State
43. Premium Edible Oil Products Limited Ibadan, Oyo State
44. Premium Cassava Products Limited, Ososa, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State
45. Savannah Sugar Company Limited.
46. Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited, Ijora, Lagos State.
47. Suntory Beverage Limited, Agbara, Ogun State
48 Strongpack Limited.
49. The La-Cassera Company Plc
50. The Big Bottling Company Limited, (Ajeast), Agbara, Lagos.
51. Tulip Cocoa Processing Limited, Ijebu Mushin, Ogun State.
52. Vital Products Limited, Ogba, Lagos State.
Food, Beverage and Tobacco Senior Staff Association (FOBTOB) came into existence after house unions in Nigeria were restructured into industrial unions.
Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC)
Other Affiliated Unions