History was made today 18th December 2023 as the Guideline on Labour Administration of Third Party Employees in the Food, Beverage and Tobacco Industry jointly endorsed by the Federal Ministry of Labour, AFBTE, FOBTOB, and NUFBTE, was presented to the three (3) parties in the industry, as the Conference Room of the Honorable Minister in Abuja.
The Guideline is a product of more than three (3) years’ work.
It aimed at:
- Streamlining the relationship between the companies in the Food, Beverage and Tobacco Industry, third-party agencies, and employees of these agencies.
- Setting out in clear terms how the relationship between the parties is to be managed to ensure peace and tranquility.
- Defining the limit of the parties with respect to third-party agencies and the management of their employees.
- Laying down relevant industrial relations principles in addition to drawing attention to the basic terms and conditions to be observed by the parties.
The Guideline addresses the following critical areas connected to the industry:
- Definition and Occupation of Core Jobs.
- Consideration for Permanent Employment.
- Collective Bargaining.
- Dispute Resolution
- Capacity Building for Third-Party Employees.
- Possession of Recruiters License.
- Compliance with Extant Labour Laws, ILO Convections and Standards.
- Complaint Against Non-Compliance with Extant Labour and Other Relevant Laws.
- Interim Operation of the Guideline.
- Registration and Recognition of Third-party Agencies Body.
- Termination of Relationship between a company and a Third-Party Agency.
The Honorable Minister of Labour appended his signature to the document, giving it the backing of the law.
Congratulations to us all in the industry.