The Food, Beverage and Tobacco Senior Staff Association (FOBTOB) came into existence after house unions in Nigeria were restructured into industrial unions. Prior to this restructuring exercise, the three prominent and registered unions of senior staff within the Food, Beverages and Tobacco industry were:
Flour Mills of Nigeria Senior Staff Association
Nigerian Breweries Management Staff Association
Management Staff Association of Guinness Nigeria Limited
Upon the restructuring exercise, the house unions were fused together to form the nucleus of the Food, Beverages and Tobacco Senior Staff Association which received its certificate of registration under the Trade Unions (Amendment) Act No. 22 of 1978. The Union has thus come of age. The Union organises membership mainly from the private sector companies and organisations.
Our National Officers
The Aims and Objectives of FOBTOB include the following:
- To organise workers who are qualified for membership.
- To regulate the relations between Senior/Management Staff and other Staff and between Senior/Management Staff inter se.
- To establish and maintain just and proper hours of work, rates of pay and conditions of work.
- To establish and maintain a high standard of workmanship and professional practice.
- To advance the education and training of members.
- To provide benefits and other assistance to the members as provided for in the Constitution.
- To promote social, cultural and charitable activities for the benefits of its members and families, and the rank and file in the member companies and humanity in general.
Events & Updates
Food, Beverage and Tobacco Senior Staff Association (FOBTOB) came into existence after house unions in Nigeria were restructured into industrial unions.
Other Affiliated Unions